Sunday, September 16, 2007
This is the 1st beading class that I took that was more than just a single strand. I wanted to finish this project so bad because I just knew left to my own devices without Colleen I would never finish it! Luckily Jeri had a button that I could use to finish it up as mine ended up being to big. I love it and I think next time I'll make my button out of Silver Art Clay.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
I call this new ring precious because it is the first piece that I fired in my new kiln that I got for my birthday. I was so happy and couldn't wait to use it so I bought some clay off of Colleen and went for it. I can't believe I did this ring on my own and it actually fits!
Thursday, September 6, 2007
I created this book at ArtUnraveled in Phoenix this year. It was an all day workshop with Jacqueline Sullivan. The first thing that we did was to make the paste paper and let it dry. Then we took a 5x5 canvas and used tissue paper on the back and sides of the canvas to create texture and depth. We then created a design on the back board cover and the canvas by using molding paste. Once that was dry we applied the color to the canvas and then the back of the book. We made folds and attached our paste paper together to form the inside of the book and cut squares in the book to hold pictures. I still haven't put pictures in my book yet. The hardest part was developing the secret shrine as it involved sewing on a button and working through the paste paper. Sewing is not my "thing". I also have ribbon on the book so that I can tie it closed or keep it open. It was a big project but was a lot of fun!!!
This was the second piece that I created using Silver Art Clay. We rolled out the stamen then the flower and then completed the bail. Although my pieces lack symmetry, I do consider it a success because of the sanding that I did on the piece. In this class I learned the importance of the 10-80-10 rule. 80% is spent on the sanding of the clay before firing in the kiln.