Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Keri's Wedding Weekend

Katharine and I at the wedding


After much anticipation and planning Keri's wedding weekend finally arrived this last weekend at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. The weekend was full and started off with a rehearsal dinner on Friday night at Margaritaville. I started off with a guava margarita which was so yummy! The food was also great. On Saturday I went to get my hair and makeup done. Thanks Emily and Jackie! Then, I was off to the Flamingo to Keri's suite to help her get in her wedding dress. Why do they make wedding dresses so complicated? I swear you need a degree in engineering to get in and out of one! The ceremony was outdoors in the garden area at the Flamingo, which was beautiful. I can't believe how many weddings were going on at the same time. I must have seen at least 5 brides in their dresses. I need to own a vegas wedding chapel. After the wedding it was pictures and off to the Hofbrahaus for the wedding reception. It was quite the party for those of you familar with the Hofbrahaus. Then it was back to the Flamingo for a party in the hotel suite. Whew...I'm exhausted just writing all of this. The next moring I barely made it to the farewell brunch. I still had my hair in curls and Keri mentioned that it looked like my hair had just rolled out of bed. Probably because I literally did just that. Congratulations to Keri and Dave!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow, you look gorgeous! I love the curly hair!! You look nice in purple too! Sounds like a fun weekend..I have friday night dinner and saturday wedding this weekend here in vegas, hope we have a good time too!

Colleen Mcgraw said...

If I've said it once, I have said it a hundred times.
You are a beautiful person Amanda, inside and out.
Purple is your color girl.

Anne said...

I'm sure you looked great even after just rolling out of bed!

Mandy said...

You look GREAT in purple girl, don't know what you were worried about! Sounds like you had a blast!