Monday, March 10, 2008
I made a locket this weekend and learned several new techniques. The locket was made in two pieces with the front of the piece stamped with a face. I dried the piece on Rizzo's, the cat's, ping pong ball to get the curved look for the front piece. The hardest part of this piece was making the little pieces to hang the piece from. I tried and tried to get these looking right. When I took the piece home, I silver blacked it to get it an old look and add depth to the piece. You can't really tell in this picture because of the flash on my camera. I also added a mirror,that Colleen gave me (thanks, Colleen) to the inside of the piece. It turned out great and I love how the front piece is open for interpretation. I'm wearing it today and when people see it they all have their own idea of what it is supposed to be. Sun goddess, mother nature, Anne Klein lion, you name it!