Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weekend with My Mom!


This last weekend my mom came to town for a visit. We had the pleasure of seeing "O" by Cirque Du Soleil. Right outside of the theater for the show is an exhibit by Richard Macdonald. He has a studio in Monterey where he creates his beautiful sculptures. I fell in love with this one titled "Blind Faith". It spoke to me and made me think for a moment is there really any other kind? Isn't all faith blind? Each one of his pieces is carved from an actual performers physique. Amazing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite groups of all times, too...Blind Faith - beautiful, Amanda! Sounds like you and your Mom had a wonderful time! Tanya

Jackie said...

Oh that looks beautiful! Glad you had a good time. I need to go to an O show for sure!