Friday, August 7, 2009

Exploration of Enameling with Susan Lenart Kazmer

The ring

The back of the piece

The front of the piece

This piece was created in the enameling class with Susan. This was a wonderful class. We were responsible for cutting our pieces, filing and shaping them into whatever we wanted. I created a pendant and a ring in this class. Both pieces were fired in the kiln multiple times. This was the first time that I have ever tried enameling. I just love green and enameling! What I learned most from this class and the one yesterday is how much I really just love metal. Hammering, shaping and cutting are so much fun!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

That ring is fab!! I love enamaling on stuff, it is one of my favortie art forms but I have never done anything to learn it!
someday!

Colleen Mcgraw said...

Amanda, your pieces turned out so cool!! love them!
don't cha just love hamming and sawing and riveting and just everything you can do with metal???